Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Pottery, hurray!

Tonight I am starting (along with my friend Chris) an 8 week pottery class at the Cultural Arts Center in downtown Greensboro. I have taken this class before and it was wonderful. Truthfully, I just spent all my time during the open studio, throwing as much as I could.

This time, I have plans for something great. I want to throw a sink basin that I can install in our upstairs bathroom. And of course, I want to make functional sculpture and beautiful bowls and teapots and plates and all that. Hopefully, I can get all of Christmas presents made in time for summer break.

I will post some pictures of completed projects as soon as things start getting fired and glazed.

1 comment:

Alice C. Linsley said...

I love the idea of a pottery sink for the new bathroom. I know that you'll produce wonderful pieces and look forward to see some photos. You excelled at pottery when you were a student at Westover! I still have some of those pieces.