Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Little B

Bronwen’s Puppy Party this past Saturday was a complete success, especially if you judge a successful party based on total number of presents, total number of attendees and total number of cocktail wieners consumed. Here is a grand total

Presents: 31
Attendees (including puppies): 21
Cocktail wieners: 189

Bronwen had a wonderful time. Since it was a puppy party, she received lots of puppy presents; Pound Puppies, a Webkins poodle, hugging puppies, Clifford books and movies, puppy books, etc. It was amazing. She also had puppy balloons and I made her a dog bone cake. We ate cocktail wieners, mini corn dogs and drank sangria. It was great.

At the end of the evening, right before she was supposed to take her bath, I was holding her on my hip in the kitchen and we were chatting with friends. She was getting really fussy and I had the impression that she wasn’t feeling very good. I was just about to walk her into the bathroom when she opened her mouth and puked all over my shirt and the floor. I guess you know you’ve had a good time at a party when you leave it puking.

Today is Bronwen’s actual birthday. I personally think I should be getting some gifts as it was at 2:48pm this time two years ago that I pushed her out, and then almost died! She is pretty damn perfect though, healthy, smart and cheeky, she is the best present I have ever gotten.

Happy Birthday Bronwen. We love you!

5 comments:

qemuel said...

Well, it's not a birthday unless someone throws up.
:)

Anonymous said...

my question is: how many cocktail wieners were eaten unbeknownst to you by the puppies who attended? your count could very well be off...

Mr. Cavin said...

Happy Birthday Bronwen Burr! Sangria and corn dogs! Your family kills me!

Bronwen said...

I forgot to mention the puppy chow Mr C! Chex mix drenched in melted chocolate, peanut butter and powdered sugar. Yum yum!

Alice C. Linsley said...

Grandma Alice can testify that there were at least 6 cocktail weiners eaten by puppies. A dog lover, I can't resist slipping them a snack here and there.

Bronwen ate probably twice that many and 2 large helpings of cake. No wonder she had an upset tummy!

The pineapple and white wine "sangria" was interesting. Very tropical, but when it comes to sangria (meaning "bloody" in Spanish), I'm a purist.