Friday, September 19, 2008

Shittake Kickers vs. Just For Kicks

Shittake Kickers faltered last night in the last two innings as a couple of errors lost us the lead, ending the game against rival losers (they have never won a game) Just For Kicks at 7-9. Our team kicked well during the game. I actually made it on base two out of three times. In the seventh inning first baseman “Momma” made some spectacular outs. Our pitcher stopped the ball a few times, and I caught a pop-fly to right field with my face. Well, I guess I didn’t actually catch it. More like, it bounced off my face and onto the ground. Ouch!

Chris, Dan and Bronwen cheered from the stands, while Nicole and Talula supported us next to the dug-out. Our new team IPod player blasted awesome music from the sidelines while we did our best to let the other team win. We wanted to be nice…

This season we have some great kickers, catchers and a lot of team spirit. Go Shittake!

No comments: