Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Go Vote!

Today I exercised my constitutionally granted right to vote. I marched right up to the polling station and stepped into line at exactly 6:23am. At exactly 6:34am the doors opened and we made our way, quietly, into the basketball court where the voting stations were set up. I waited patiently in line, reading, and periodically gazing before and after me in line to see who I knew. I saw Scott (the ninja) and Brent (the bar tender) and a few others. These people are my neighbors and I felt happy and proud to be gathered with them this morning.

At last I got my chance to vote. I glanced at the clock, 7:23am, exactly one hour from the moment I stepped into line. Not too long a wait to have my say.

Now all I have to do is play the waiting game. I am not really sure how I am going to get anything done today. If you haven’t already:

GO VOTE!

6 comments:

englishdan said...

I can't! I feel left out :(

Kim O said...

The ninja?

Mr. Cavin said...

I voted on the thirteenth. I got my sticker today. First thing on Wednesday morning (as the polls are closing in your time zone), there will be a breakfast party to watch returns online with a lot of Vietnamese students. I think I'm up all night.

Bronwen said...

You don't have nijas at your precinct? Unfortunately, Joe the pirate, Antonio the mobster, and Julia the ballerina had to vote in another district. Bummer. It would have been great to see them all together again.

englishdan said...

A real ninja would not have waited in line.

qemuel said...

All of the REAL ninjas chuckled at him from the shadows...