Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Bathroom Etiquette

Choosing the appropriate bathroom stall is a complex process, filled with rules, addendums, and criteria that must be sorted through, agreed upon and followed to ensure a satisfactory bathroom experience for all. When my rules (which, naturally, I assume everyone knows and agrees to) are disregarded, I just can’t seem to get over it. What is up with everyone’s poor bathroom etiquette? Am I the only one who knows that you should never take the stall directly next to one already in use, unless it is an absolute emergency? So, I want to know from you out there, when choosing a bathroom stall, or urinal, what considerations do you take into account before you can have a comfortable bathroom experience. Or am I just crazy?

1 comment:

Mr. Cavin said...

I agree about occupying adjacent stalls only on a needs basis. Same with urinals.

(And, by the way public facilities owners, put those little dividers between urinals; and quit building them in a direct eye-line from the swinging door, too. Dumbasses.)

Other considerations: for Pete's sake, lock the door. And if you are standing on the other side of a locked door, quit shaking the damn knob every ten seconds. And, frankly, speaking to strangers for no reason through closed stall doors is tantamount to assault.

I'll bet I can think of more. No. No you're not crazy.