Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Bronwen Strikes Again

One of the best things about your children growing up is the time you get back to yourself. When you have a small human crawling around your house finding every death inducing hole, poison, and heavy object you don’t have much down time, unless you can convince her that staying trapped in a pen is really fun. As you might image, Bronwen was never much interested in that.

Now that she is a little older, and we’ve learned what needs to be plugged up, hidden, or moved we have a little more time to ourselves to read, nap, whatever.

This has led to some funny and irritating messes, cat food on the couch, markers on the wall, random objects moved around the house. But lack of supervision last Sunday afternoon has led to my favorite crazy Bronwen event so far.

Imagine the scene. I tiptoed quietly into the livingroom to find Dan and Bronwen cuddling on the couch. Dan was napping and Bronwen was playing with a toy. I whispered across the room, “Hey Bronwen.” She turned to look at me and here is what I saw.

Dramatic Representation


“Bronwen! What is on your face?”

She didn’t answer. I grabbed her and took a closer look and realized it was mascara. Waterproof mascara.

Somewhere in the midst of the face scrubbing, and was wiggling and fussing, and my trying to figure out how the heck she got the tube I just starting laughing. This child is going to keep us on our toes. And everyone is going to be wondering about those black eyebrows at daycare on Monday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is still making me laugh that while I was on the phone you told Browen "no honey that doesn't go on your lips it goes on the paper see?" This already had me giggling, but then when you got on the line and told me she had hold of a glue stick - well I'm still rolling on the floor. She is always a character.

Alice C. Linsley said...

What a hoot! I can't wait to pick her up and hug her. I miss you all.

miss krissy said...

This story made me laugh throughout my day! It reminds me of the time when I was about 4 and I sat in the closet in my bedroom and cut off almost all of the hair on one side of my head. My mom was not pleased! Her hairdresser even scolded me. Maybe Bronwen was trying out a Ziggy Stardust sort of a thing?!
Miss you!!!! xo

Bronwen said...

Hey Krissy!

Yeah, Bronwen already cut her own hair too. She walked into the dining room with a hand full of hair and said, "look mommy!" Fotunately, she did a pretty good job of cutting both sides evenly so now she just has a bowl cut.