Friday, May 8, 2009

Flossing For Fun

I have recently taken a fervent interest in flossing. I’ve never really flossed my teeth, despite what I tell my dentist. I have always felt that my teeth are too close together so flossing is literally a real pain. But ever since my last dentist appointment, I have been flossing like a maniac.

During this recent cleaning, the hygienist, who I have never met before, really went at my mouth with the floss. I was pretty sure she was going to slice right into my jaw bone with the string. It was actually quite painful. But when I got home and the pain had started to wear off, I sort of felt, what I am going to call a feeling of “floss-fit.” Like a nicotine fit where you just have to have a smoke, my gums were jonesing for more flossing.

Ever since that day, I have had at least a once daily floss-fit. Suddenly I have become the person who has floss in her purse. I have become the person who flosses at a red light while driving to work. I have always loathed the excessive mouth hygiene people, and now I am halfway to becoming one. At least I only brush my teeth once daily.

No comments: