Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Another Good Day

The last twenty four hours have been totally enjoyable. Yesterday I got home from work around 5:30pm just in time to meet one of my favorite people, Mr. Cavin, for coffee. Bronwen, Cavin and I left the house for the Green Bean but ended up in a new little cafĂ© right around the corner from Natty Greene’s, across the street from the entrance to the Green Burro. This place is great. I think it is called the Brew House, but I am not sure. It has a few seats outside on the sidewalk and bright colored paintings done by one of the owners. Inside there are three round tables with a few chairs each and three large flat screen TVs. I think it would be a fabulous place to play the all important beauty pageant drinking game.
Around 7pm Dan and Piper showed up and we hung out for awhile. Cavin left to have dinner with a friend and Dan, Bronwen, Piper and I scooted home for dinner. After the girls went to bed, Cavin came back to the house. We played some serious Guitar Hero, drank amazing Haitian rum and black and tans and talked and talked and talked until 2am!

I was dreading the 6am wake-up call but was delighted when Dan bolted out of the bed to feed the little BB while I got to sleep for a few more minutes. I was even more delighted when he crawled back into bed to cuddle for a few minutes before we had to get up.

This morning was a sign of things to come. We had to get both girls up, fed, dressed and off to school, as well as get ourselves roused, washed, and caffeinated before 7:30am. I never get to see Dan in the morning because he doesn’t have to be at work until 8:30am so today was a nice treat.

Things are going to continue to be great. Dan’s birthday is Friday so that will be fun, and we are flying off the Philadelphia tomorrow to see the family. Keep an eye out for pictures.

3 comments:

Alice C. Linsley said...

Isn't it nice to see old friends! Have a great time in Philadelphia area and make sure that Dan has a terrific birthday.

Mr. Cavin said...

Hey, I'm not old.

Alice C. Linsley said...

Sorry, Mr. Cavin. Indeed you're very young compared to this old lady.

(Ellie, Frank Lockwood's interview with yours truly is now posted at his blog and linked at Drell's Descants. Thought you might want to read it.)