Monday, March 5, 2007

Nashville, TN

I have been on three flights in two days and will embark on two more tomorrow. That’s my life; I am the ultimate jetsetting mommy!

I arrived in Nashville around 9 pm tonight and called the hotel to find out info about the shuttle service. The overly cheery desk clerk gave me a number to call and told me how happy she was that I was checking in this evening. I called the number and “Shandel” answered and told me to go out to the hotel shuttle stand and keep an eye out for a white Cadillac. I picked up my luggage and followed the signs and found myself with a crowd of people waiting for transportation to their hotels.

I was staring off into space when a mini van pulled up and a very friendly black man got out of the van and approached me. “Are you going to the Homewood Suites?” he asked me. I nodded yes and as he took my luggage and opened the side door, I caught a glimpse of the name of the shuttle service printed on the side of the car, Driving Ms Daisy. As we drove through Nashville chatting about country music and rap music, I couldn’t have felt whiter sitting there in the back seat.

No comments: