Friday, February 23, 2007

In response to Phil's comment on Thai food

Per Phil’s blog the other day, Bangkok Café is the best Thai place in Greensboro. It is right across the street from Arigato on Holden and it is smooshed between a Latin market and something ubiquitous like a cell phone place, I can’t remember. They have about nine tables. The atmosphere is warm and inviting and the whole place is run by family. They have an appetizer called Yum Woon Sen (I think) and it is shrimp with cellophane noodles in a spicy lime cilantro sauce; very spicy and amazingly flavorful. Phil liked the curry (they have 5 different types) and the Pad Thai is good. Their soups are also very good.

Here is more Thai info. Taste of Thai now has a lunch buffet. I think it is all you can eat for $6.99. I like getting to try a little bit of everything. There were some unique dishes like fried cod in ginger sauce, but overall I was under whelmed. The Taste of Thai buffet can’t hold a candle to the amazing Saffron lunch buffet which I would eat everyday if I could roll out of the restaurant and straight into a hammock. All that delicious nan and curry makes me sleepy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy Damn. She Is So Cute.

Alice C. Linsley said...

Next time I'm in Greensboro we have to eat Thai food. My mouth is watering.

BTW, I posted a new piece today at Drell's Descants on Love.