Saturday, February 24, 2007

Saturday

Everyday that I am home and not traveling for work is a good day. It seems like it has been forever since I have not had to leave my family to fly off to run a new hire orientation on a Sunday so I lose my weekend. When I get back the next Sunday after losing a second weekend I am so desperate to see Bronwen and Dan that I try to smoosh fun into 8 hours and then get to bed to start another week in the office. I am really going to stop traveling (for work) and then I can have a normal life, whatever that is.

Wedding planning is happening, slowly. We are going to have the cake made at the Spring Garden Bakery (I really like that place). I am having a hard time deciding between white almond cake and chocolate. Anyone want to fight for one option or another? I think I might just have to go for a tasting!

I have an idea of what I want the invitations to look like. Now we have to design it ourselves, or get it made for $500. I am starting to lean to the $500 option. I think they would just look so much better. Or I could save that money to help pay for the open bar because god knows with our friends and family, the bill is going to be hefty.

Now I just need to get a dress, make the favors (just you wait, they are going to be great), get a photographer, get a DJ or figure out something else, pick the menu, get an officiant, design the ceremony, and pick out or make my bouquet. That’s just scratching the surface.

By the way, for those of you who don’t know, the wedding and party are going to be at the O’Henry Hotel on Green Valley road. And the Green Valley Grill is catering so you know it is going to be good.

On a totally different note, Jeanie and Josh and Sam came over last night. A copious amount of wine was shared and our little babies played together. Like a fool, I forgot the camera; next time. I had the most fun playing the Buffy karaoke on the special features of season six. Singing along with Anya’s bunny solo was amazing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, man -- I'm so glad I don't have to plan another wedding. Good luck, and remember, it's supposed to be fun. :)

If it would help, I'd be willing to take a crack at designing your invitation -- a friend of ours who is also a designer did this for Kate and me as a wedding present and it was a real treat for us. Give me a call sometime soon and we can discuss (I'm in the recording studio all day today, though).

By the way, I vote for chocolate.

Anonymous said...

P.S. That is one cute little monkey you got there...

Alice C. Linsley said...

That's 2 for chocolate. Everyone likes chocolate! (Besides, some people are allergic to almonds.)