Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Nap Time

There is nothing like taking a nap in the middle of the day. I love naps so much; I will give up meals in order to take one. I love racing home during lunch time and jumping into bed. The house is warm and sunny and the cats are especially lazy. They all come to sleep with me during a nap.
I love stripping off my work clothes and crawling under the comforter in the middle of the day. The world is awake and everyone is working, but not me. I am sleeping diagonal across the bed with three purring cats and no one to bother me for a whole hour. I turn off the phone and the house is quiet.
I hate waking up from a nap and having to go back to work. The last thing I want to do is get out of my cat warmed nest and put my stuffy work clothes back on and go back and sit at a desk. But naps are the quintessential example of “all good things must come to an end.” Otherwise, it wouldn’t be a nap at all, but a good day’s sleep; which by the way, I also love.

4 comments:

englishdan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
englishdan said...

(deleted my original comment because the link didn't work)

midday napping is also good for you!

qemuel said...

I used to LOVE my midday naps when I was in college. SIGH.

Alice C. Linsley said...

What I'd give for a nap! Working two jobs is for the...overworked. I'm glad you had a good mid-day curl up with the quilt!