Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Dream Log #2

I have been having the most intense dreams. This last dream I am with Dad, Lois, Chad and Nate and Bronwen and Dan. We are at some sort of resort. I am sitting with Bronwen and suddenly everyone comes rushing into the room where I am sitting. “The Who is playing right now! We have to go,” everyone shouts at me. They all run off ahead and I slowly get out of my seat with Bronwen to follow them. I get to the auditorium and the door is ajar and I peak inside to see that most of the seats are empty. My family is sitting in a row to the right side of the stage. The first thing I notice is that A Prairie Home Companion is playing over the loud speakers and people are laughing at the jokes. The second thing I notice is that all of my family is doing something. Dad is reading a magazine; Chad and Nate are playing a game. Dan is working on a puzzle. I go to join them and there is no seat for Bronwen and me so I sit on a small table. Then the room is full of water and we are floating in our chairs. I am holding Bronwen’s arm tightly for fear that she is going to float away or sink. Lois floats over with a necklace making tray in her hands. She shows me a string of glistening blue beads and says she is going to make me this necklace that represents me and that the blue beads represent strength. She says my necklace will be full of blue beads. I look down on the necklace tray where the rest of the beads are laid out and I see the most beautiful necklace I have ever seen. It has hundreds of colors and intricate detail. I notice specifically a set of pink and green leaves made from hundreds of tiny beads the make up the bottom of the necklace. I am amazed that she would make that for me and that it is so beautiful. The waters start to rise and Bronwen slips below the surface. I have her arm and I pull hard to get her to bob back up to the surface. We swim over to the side of the room which is now the edge of a swimming pool.

2 comments:

Alice C. Linsley said...

The "WHO" is always laying in our minds, isn't it?

Alice C. Linsley said...

The shiney stuff of the world draws your attention away from your baby.