Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Mother's Day to Me!

My first official Mother’s Day was wonderful. First of all, I made sure that everyone knew it was my day, and that I should get whatever I want. Hey, I am the ultimate "self sacrifice for others’ happiness" type, so this behavior was fun! Bronwen woke us up at 6:30 and Dan took care of her so I could sleep in, but I was awake so I got up around 7:15 to play with the baby. We all got dressed and headed out to Tate Street Coffee around 8:30 to get coffee and the NY Times for the crossword. Dan and I attempted the crossword (he did all of the work, but I got a few) and Bronwen bonked her head on the coffee table and we drank our coffee and read the paper.

Bronwen fell asleep at the coffee shop so we decided to go home. We put her down and then decided to nap ourselves. We woke up around 12pm and Dan made me brunch. My favorite: Corned beef hash with onions and eggs over easy. Don’t forget lots of Tabasco. It turns out that Bronwen loves corned beef hash as well.

Then we played around the house. I played some Snood Slide (I can’t stop playing.) Then Bronwen and Dan took another nap and I mowed the lawn (Don’t give Dan a hard time, I actually like mowing the lawn.)

Then, Matt and Chris came over for special Mother’s Day Beer Butt Chicken and Mother’s Day Stump and Mother’s Day Settlers of Catan. I told you it was my day. We had a lovely time and Dan stomped us at Settlers.

3 comments:

Alice C. Linsley said...

Happy Mothers' Day to you too! Thanks for the phone call which made your Mom smile! Lots of love to my dear ones in NC.

qemuel said...

Hate that I missed the beer-butt (I passed out around 4pm or so and slept most of the day away--DOH!), yet glad to hear that your first official Mom's Day was a blast! Did you like your present? Dan showed me, and I thought it was super neat-o!

See you soon, kiddo!

Bronwen said...

And I forgot to tell everyone that I Dan gave me beautiful beersteins with Bronwen's picture glazed on the glass. Awesome!