Monday, June 11, 2007

Warning: Read only if you have a strong stomach

I am too annoyed to write anything today because I have so many stories backlogged and waiting for the corresponding pictures to go along, but I cannot find the cord to download the pictures from my camera to flickr. Therefore, I do not want to write anything about the great tigers we saw, the crazy wedding in Louisiana, and the massive growth of Bronwen. So I will write a little about our night last night as I have no pictures and after you hear about it you will be glad that that is the case.

Last night Piper decided to throw up all night long, and never once make it to the bathroom. These are the nights that all parents must experience, but are just so heart breaking, tiring and disgusting, you end up feeling very much like the lone pioneer, enduring the first blizzard after settling down on what used to be a beautiful and peaceful, warm patch of land, but now threatens to kill you.

She kept complaining of a sore belly and I just knew that vomit was going to be involved. So Dan went to bed but I stayed up and played Snood while waiting for the puke to arrive. Sure enough it was the loud splashing of liquid squirting all over the hallway that alerted me to Piper’s sickness. I woke Dan and together we cleaned her up, I cleaned the hall and bathroom and then did laundry and went to bed. Later, more splashing in front of the upstairs steps, and then the bed had to be stripped and remade, and then again the hallway. By this morning she was sleeping peacefully and hopefully was able to keep some water down.

Now my stomach is kind of hurting, but I may just be the disgusting description above that I just reread. Sorry about that…

1 comment:

JRap said...

I call this "When Motherhood Meets HAZMAT". Let the good times roll! The best is when they power-puke while strapped in their carseat. Joshua peformed one of those about 3 weeks ago...his seatbelt will never be the same no matter how hard I try to clean it. Hope everyone is well now!!!