Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Disgusting Stomach Drama: Take Two

The reason why my stomach was hurting at the end of that last post had nothing to do with rereading my disgusting description of the previous evenings event and had everything to do with the fact that I too was to embark on the vomit journey so well mapped out by Piper the night before. I made it home yesterday nanoseconds before I was puking everything that existed in my stomach, ever, into the clear cool depths of the toilet. Unfortunately, that was not the end and over the next 8 hours, I got to do that over and over again, until finally I was able to keep some coca-cola down and I slept fitfully until this morning.

During one of my more disgusting sessions last night I heard Bronwen crying and realized that it was only 7 pm and Dan must be feeding the baby. What would I do if I was a single mother? I mean, I was completely incapacitated. There was no way I could take care of a baby. What do single parents do when they get really sick? It was a sobering, sad thought and I was infinitely grateful at that moment to have an incredible guy in the room next door, lovingly taking care of our child while I threw up every last ounce of hydration in my body.

3 comments:

Mr. Cavin said...

Oh my god. I swear I feel for you and am not in the least little bit callous and have been through this before and know what kind of awful, awful thing it is. And all of that. But your use of the word "ever" in the first paragraph made me laugh and laugh. Good work: art out of nausea. Hope you feel better, mom.

qemuel said...

Hope you're feeling better soon, kiddo! I've burned your CD, and am willing to drop it off and run; I'm not sure I could handle throwing up everything that I've ever eaten...

Hopie said...

Ah...the woes of working motherhood...and the joys of double parenthood...Go, Daniel!

Love from Great Aunt Hope