Thursday, March 27, 2008

Shitake Kickers Rock

There is so much going on in my life right now, it is hard to keep it all straight. I passed the Foreign Service exam and have scheduled my oral assessment, which will be held in Washington DC for April 21st. I am very much looking forward to it. If all goes well, I will be one step closer as of May, to becoming a Foreign Service Officer, ready to go out and serve my country!

Besides the FS, there are really two things that I am obsessed with right now. First, the West Wing. Yes, I know, once again I am behind the times, but this show is freakin great. The problem is that I can’t get to bed on time, because I can’t turn off the tv.

The second new and exciting thing I am doing is playing Kickball. I joined the company kickball team. We are called the Shitake Kickers and our t-shirts are awesome. I will take a picture and post it when the t-shirts come in.

I haven’t played kickball since middle school, but I still remember that it was my favorite game to play in gym class. I cannot wait to get out on the field and regress back to 6th grade. I think I am going to be pretty good. Hopefully, I won’t injure myself!

3 comments:

Bronwen said...

Here is an update! I did injure myself. This morning I am sore and my kicking leg is killing me. Next time I need to stretch out a little more.

miss krissy said...

Hey, congratulations on passing your exam, that is awesome! I'm not sure what day the 21st is but maybe I could come down and see you when you are in D.C.? Shoot me an email and let me know what your plans are. Kris x

Alice C. Linsley said...

"Shitake Kickers" is a little to close to S--- Kickers, to my thinking. But perhaps the name subliminally provides a psychological advantage over your opponents. : )