Monday, April 14, 2008

Friday-Sunday

This past weekend was chockablock. On Friday night Nikki invited us over for dumplings and scallion pancakes. We drank mojitos and played the guitar and had a wonderful time. The girls fell asleep in Nikki’s bed and Dan and I had a chance to really relax and chat with friends.

Saturday it was supposed to rain all day, but it held out and we played in the front and back yard. I bought a suit for my oral assessment (it is linen and beautiful!). Chris and Phil came over later that night for Bacon wrapped shrimp on the grill (this was the first grilling day of the season!), mashed potatoes, salad and CATAN! Dan won the first game, but Chris came back with a vengeance and won the second game.

Sunday was cold but sunny. I awoke to find the inside of the house wrapped in yarn. I still do not know what Piper was doing. The girls finger painted in the back yard while we read our books and sipped tea in the sun. After Bronwen’s nap we went to the Greensboro Grasshoppers game. We met up with our wonderful friend Ethan and his new girl. We ate pizza and ice cream and drank beer. Then the temperature dropped and we couldn’t take the cold anymore and left. I hung out with Ethan for an hour more, catching up and playing arcade bowling. When I got home, Dan and I got through two more episodes of West Wing, Season 2, and we were off to bed. It was a great weekend, and it was hard to go back to work this morning.

This Friday Bronwen goes in for eye surgery at 6:30am, two days later I will be in Washington taking the Oral Assessment for the Foreign Service. Things don’t ever slow down around here.

1 comment:

Alice C. Linsley said...

I'm praying for Bronwen's eye surgery. Let me know how it goes.