Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Shiitake Goes Down

We lost. I think the final score was 13-2. We scored our two runs in the 4th inning and never came back. I, however, was excited to make my first pop fly catch of the season. The kicker from the other team got up to kick, kicked the ball straight to me and I caught it! Hooray. Mr Cavin was there and will verify my story. I am not making this up!

There were other good catches and good kicks made by the Shiitake Kickers last night, but to no avail. We all had some beer and food after the game and scheduled a reunion cookout for June. I think we will play again next season (I think in the fall). I am looking forward to it. We had such a good time, my teammates are great people and it was a great way to meet new people who I work with but never really talk to that much.

3 comments:

Mr. Cavin said...

It's all true!

Alice C. Linsley said...

Hurray for Ellie! Sorry about the loss though. Still, you had a good time and made some new friends.

When you get a moment, check out this essay on Theme of Two Sons: http://jandyongenesis.blogspot.com

Also, interesting stuff at http://college-ethics.blogspot.com

Bronwen said...

Thanks Cavin for verifying!