Thursday, May 22, 2008

We are going on holiday

Today I was shocked to realize that Dan and I have not gone on holiday (yes, appreciate the Britishism) since our honeymoon last October. Maybe this is not that shocking as the average American gets only 13 days of vacation and very often only takes 10 of those days a year. But we are not average Americans, Dan certainly is not, and we like taking vacations, getting out of town, spending some money (make that credit) and relaxing a whole lot.

This weekend we are heading off to Los Gatos, California to see our good friends Kym and Jared and to hang out in their giant mansion. I cannot wait. We are going to sit at the beach, relax in the hot tub; yes they have a hot tub, and hike with the dogs. We are going to eat and drink and play stump and did I mention eat?

The next vacation could be as early as July, or as late as November so I am going to make this one count. Maybe we should move to Italy.

No comments: