Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My Mental Breakdown

Everyone needs to have a little mental break down once in awhile. Not “shotgun from the bell tower” mental break down, but “stand and bawl at the kitchen sink” kind of break down. That’s what I did yesterday and it is amazing how cleansing that can be. I was feeling so stressed out, but after the crying, the comforting and the sleep, things feel more manageable. Poor Bronwen sat on the kitchen counter eating oranges and squishing water out of the kitchen sponges all over her pants during the whole event. She is so good at entertaining herself when I most need it. I wonder it she will remember crazy mommy breaking down. Well, if she doesn’t remember this one, I am sure there will be more in future to assure that she really thinks that her mother is crazy. Or at least really dorky and weird.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I spent so many years learning not to cry (Be a man!) that I find myself lamenting that I cannot find the relief available in a good cry. Relish your relief! It sounds wonderful to me! (having lost my dad this spring, daughter moved away for the first time, and job is super stressful)

Anonymous said...

was this your FIRST one?? if so, you are doing way better than me!! and I don't even have a job to stress me out!!

Bronwen said...

Yeah, I can't believe there haven't been more. But I think this might be the beginning of more frequent breakdowns as my sweet little baby has turned into a full blown terrible two!

Alice C. Linsley said...

I remember the crying jags I used to have when you were little. No money, little support from family and husband, lots of physical labor to keep our heads above water. The only social outlet and intellectual stimulation I had was at our Church of the Good Samaritan in Paoli, PA.

This time passes too quickly, although that thought doesn't help much when you are living through the stress.

Alice C. Linsley said...

Ellie, add Uncle Dave's blog to your blogroll!

http://gracevideo.com/

Anonymous said...

*hugs*