Thursday, August 28, 2008

Open Mouth, Insert Foot

All names have been changed to protect the not so innocent.

So, I was talking with my friend Fred the other day about my job. We hadn’t seen each other in about a year, so we were catching up. In the middle of one of my “corporate culture rants” he stopped me to ask,

“Hey, I know someone who works at your office. Do you work with a guy named Hans?”

“Oh yeah, I know him! He always looks at my boobs when we are in the elevator together. I think he must really like boobs as he can’t seem to lift his eyes above my collar! The very first time I met him, I think he thought I was someone else and the whole time he was talking to me, calling me the wrong name, he was looking me up and down. I mean, he seems really nice and all, he just seems to like to check out the ladies, you know what I mean?”

“Uh, yeah…him and his wife are good friends of ours. They go to our church.” He didn’t look amused.

“Oh.”

I don’t often get into situations like this, but when I stick my foot into my mouth, I choke on it.

5 comments:

Mr. Cavin said...

Okay, okay, I'll admit it. I'm Hans.

Bronwen said...

Ha! It is funny that you would comment on this post, as you were present during this conversation at Cafe Europa!

Alice C. Linsley said...

Creepy guy. I wonder what they teach at that church?

qemuel said...

OUCH.

Anonymous said...

Hysterical!!