Thursday, September 4, 2008

The End of an Era

Every time I go to the dentist I beat my own personal best and walk out of the door having lived yet another year without developing a cavity. Today, with a little over 2 months to my 32nd birthday, the era of Ellie’s perfect teeth came crashing to a halt. Three cavities (tiny little surface cavities) were discovered this morning, lurking among the cracks in my molars.

I have to be very careful about these molars as I only have four. The average person has, including wisdom teeth, 12 teeth in the back. I was born without my wisdom teeth (yes, I am more evolutionarily advanced than the rest of you), and I was also born without the 12 year molars on the bottom. This caused the 12 year molars on the top to grow out, so they were pulled. Now I only have 4 molars, and I need these, as I love to eat, so I guess I am going to have to get my cavities filled.

I have an appointment for October 13th, the day of our first wedding anniversary. I will run right home afterwards and smooch my hubby with a numb and drooly mouth. And then crack open that delicious, one year old wedding cake. Nothing like pumpkin chocolate chip cake to keep the teeth, and Ellies, happy.

2 comments:

Entropic said...

Hey - I actually don't feel so bad about my malformed teeth now. Although I had like 8 cavities, I also had 8 more teeth soooo I guess that makes me cooler. Plus I have the one in reserve just in case.

Bronwen said...

You're just a freak, with your extra teeth and all!