Thursday, October 2, 2008

Bronwen Turns Borat

For those who have seen the extras on the Borat movie:

Yesterday at the grocery store Bronwen and I were walking around the store looking at different things and talking about them. We hit the cheese case and for those of you who have not been to a Fresh Market, there are over 300 different types of cheeses in the case. Bronwen started at the very beginning of the case with the Mozzarella.

“Mommy, what’s this?” she asked, poking her little finger right into the soft cheese.

“That’s cheese,” I replied.

“What’s this?” she poked the smoked mozzarella.

“Cheese,” I said.

“What’s this?” she poked the sliced mozzarella.

“Cheese,” I said.

“Mommy, what’s this?” she poked a wedge of brie.

“More cheese.” I said.

“What this?” she poked the next wedge of brie.

“Even more cheese.” I said.

“What’s this?” she poked the triple cream brie.

“That’s cheese.”

(5 minutes later)

“Mommy, what’s this?” she poked the herb goat cheese.

“Cheese.” I groaned.

A couple hundred cheeses later we started down the dry goods aisle.

“Mommy, what’s this?” she poked the box of penne.

“Pasta.”

No comments: