Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sunday, lovely Sunday

Wow. What a week. I drove home from Wilmington yesterday to meet Dan so that I could take care of Piper and Bronwen while he ran his annual Oyster Roast fundraiser for work. Chris came over to hang out, we stayed up until 12am (which was soon to be 1am as we lost an hour last night) when Dan came home. I woke up at 1:45am (or was it 2:45am) to feed Bronwen (so much for sleeping through the night) and then again at 7:45am for good. But the rest of the day was fun.

Brunch was bacon, eggs and potato scramble with hot black coffee. Then I headed out to Home Depot and bought supplies to make my Cactus garden and some trees for the front yard. I got home and Dan was crashed out, so Piper and Bronwen and I headed out into the beautiful sunshine to relax and play in the dirt. I made my cactus garden, and dug out the steps in the front yard (see pictures at right) and Bronwen and I napped in the sun.

Later, I made chili for dinner and we bathed the girls and put them to bed. I can’t say I mind being domesticated. Two years ago I would have had a fit, but it is a pretty good life.

Okay, here is where it gets yucky. I get to get up at 3:30am tomorrow to drive back to Wilmington to run two classes from 9am-1:30pm and then 4:30pm-9pm. I was contemplating driving home after class but I think I will spend the night and drive back Tuesday morning. It will be nice when I get to have a lovely day and not have it ruined my having to pack and say goodbye the next day.

2 comments:

Mr. Cavin said...

Steps! You're a genius. I can't wait to run all up and down them. Where's the picture of the cactus garden?

Alice C. Linsley said...

I like the steps too. I image they add so much to the front's appearance. Very creative!

Nice photos of everyone.