Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Tuesday

I stabbed myself in the hand today with a small paring knife. Like a fool I was holding the avocado in the palm of my hand as I stabbed at the pit to try to remove it. A split second before the knife sliced through the pit and into my palm I thought, “what if this knife slices through this pit and into my palm?” It’s like I’m psychic or something…

Dan got me a band aid and it really isn’t that bad. It was just shocking and gross and my hand is a little swollen.

The weather is changing and it makes me happy. I love being able to sit out in the sun and drink a few beers and enjoy a game of cards or a good conversation. I can’t wait until Bronwen is running all around the yard.

I got off work early today to make up for the fact that I had no weekend (again) and I picked up Bronwen and we raced home so we could swing in the hammock and take a nap. We woke up when Dan got home and then we all cuddled on the bed for awhile. It’s good to be home.

3 comments:

Alice C. Linsley said...

"Take care of that cut," says MOM. Next time use an ice cream scoop to remove the pit. Works great!

Mr. Cavin said...

You know, I don't want to sound all preachy, but if you can't easily remove the pit with your fingers, then your avocado isn't ripe. There should be no need to stab it out with a knife (or even to use an ice cream scoop). That is why you probably have raw avocado poisoning in your cut right now (green swelling?). Burn that out with good scotch, baby.

Bronwen said...

Okay, well it didn't really give you the whole story. Usually I take a knife and whack the blade down across the pit. Then with a quick quarter turn of the knife the pit comes out (still attached to the knife of course). I had done this and the pit had disintigrated into small peices so I was trying to get the last large chunk out. I actually think it was too ripe. So there is the real story. In real life, you are completely right. You should be able to get te pit out no problem!