Friday, January 25, 2008

My Second Favorite Drinking Game

There are some times that I acutely feel the absence of my good friends Cavin and Sunshine, and this Monday night will be one of those times. Why? Because it is the State of the Union address by our idiot president, and for at least the past few years, the three of us have gathered annually to drink, laugh, curse and drink some more together during this otherwise boring speech. I will try to partake in the State of the Union Drinking Game for old time's sakes, and because it is the last time we will ever be able to get that drunk listening to Bush. I will miss you guys.

For those who are interested, check out the rules here. It is one of my favorite TV drinking games, second to the Beauty Pageant drinking Game, which Sunshine and I originated way back when we lived together at Elwell, and which has been elaborated upon for years now. (I will have more to write about that later!) Enjoy.

2 comments:

Mr. Cavin said...

We miss you too. And love you too. We arrived home alive and well from Hà Nội tonight. I will drink every time he mentions "south-to-north migration", "have-nots", and the upcoming race--but only if he smirks.

Alice C. Linsley said...

I must be getting old! I don't think I'd be any good at this game.

(Angela was badly injured in a car crash this morning. Call me.)