Friday, January 25, 2008

My Coat Pockets

This morning, as I left the house, once again with my coat pockets bulging, I thought, I really need to get a bag, or empty these things every once in awhile. So here is a follow-up entry to the previous coat pocket inventory blog entry. As of 12:53pm, January 25, 2008 I have the following in my pockets:

1. Two used and snot crusted tissues. They are molded and stuck in crumpled form as the snot has glued the tissues together. Why these have not been thrown away, I have no idea.
2. One packet of Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold and Cough. I got a wicked cold earlier this week and have been carrying my relief everywhere with me.
3. Extra thread. I think this thread is from my coat. I think it is from the button that I lost yesterday.
4. Coat button. This is the button that popped off of my coat yesterday. It will live in this pocket until it is lost, as I will never put aside time to reattach it.
5. One paper clip
6. Three pens
7. One yellow high-lighter
8. Two of those paper strips that come from the sides of a paycheck that you have to rip off to get the check open.
9. A small change purse. Ian gave me this change purse for my birthday and I love it. It has small pink piggies all over it and they have little voice bubbles saying, “I’ll eat snacks!” Also, there are doughnuts and cookies between the piggies and the words “Cram Cream”. I have no idea what that is supposed to mean, but this little change purse is filled with probably $5.00 in pennies. It weighs about 3 pounds!
10. A doctor’s post-it note with my daughter’s eye doctor’s phone number written on it.
11. A My Little Pony sticker. From Bronwen’s ear doctor we went to see yesterday.
12. Burt’s Bees Raspberry lip gloss.
13. Lipstick I never wear but keep anyway.
14. One set of keys
15. On pair of gloves
16. One cell phone
17. One loose powder makeup brush
18. One copy of The Invisible Man, by H.G. Wells. I have never read this book and the beginning is really amazing. Wells does a masterful job setting up suspense and if it wasn’t that I only read this book when I have my coat on, I would have finished this little book days ago. Brilliant.
19. A Xeroxed copy of the privacy medical information from Bronwen’s Ear doctor.
20. Two department transfers. These papers transfer product from the store to the training department. They list sandwiches, fruit and sodas. They are from the class I taught this past week.


I think things are breeding inside my coat pockets. Gross, and intriguing. I wonder what would happen if I put a ham sandwich and a hundred dollar bill in there.

1 comment:

qemuel said...

I loved The Invisible Man. Great book.