Sunday, November 16, 2008

Best Birthday, Ever!

This entry marks the official end to my 32nd birthday week. And what a week it was. Last Friday, Dan and I were settling down for a mellow night, when there was an unexpected knock at the door. Dan walked over to see who it was. He turned around and walked right back into the room. “It’s for you.” he announced and as I got up to see who it was, my amazing friend Kym, who lives in California, leaned in to say, “hi!” Have you ever had the experience where someone you know and love but who lives far away shows up at 8pm on a Friday evening with no warning? I was fairly mind blowing. Kym’s arrival marked the beginning of what became an amazingly fun birthday week.

On Saturday we went to the roller skating rink to celebrate my rockin’ n rollin’ roller derby birthday. It was so much fun, and I only wiped out once! After an hour or so, (roller skating is a lot of work) we headed back to our house for drinking, food and merriment. I got a new stump! Dan made a fire in the fire pit, and we played Guitar Hero, all of my favorite things. It was a great party.

Eleanor Bruisevelt will knock you down!

On Monday, my favorite brother in law, Matt, arrived on the 6:30pm train from Philadelphia. The house was full of people, which I love. Over the week, we played Catan, and Apples to Apples, and cards, and hung out. It was very fun.

Kym went back to California on Wednesday, and Matt left on Saturday. Last night Chris and Phil came over and we played poker for hours. I was the first time I had ever played poker, and I am looking forward to winning back come of the chips next time!

All and all, a wonderful week; if this keeps up, 32 will be the best year yet.

4 comments:

Mr. Cavin said...

Happy Birthday, Broosey! Save some poker for me.

Alice C. Linsley said...

I'm so glad you had a great (extended) birthday! Enjoy the scones and jam, that is, if the Englishmen in the house left you any. :)

Kim O said...

Oh man, I am so sad I missed roller skating. Your outfit is TOTALLY AWESOME.

Happy birthday!!

miss krissy said...

Happy belated! Sounds like a fab birthday week. I echo Kimmy's sentiment, it would have been so fun to join in the skating (and pushing and shoving?!!).